Urgent Dental Procedures and Dental Emergencies
Our office remains open to treat urgent dental procedures and dental emergencies.
In accordance with the American Dental Association (ADA) and with the guidance of Governor Inslee we are available for you in this difficult time. The ADA and state of Washington have asked that dental providers be available to treat people with urgent and emergency dental needs. We are currently not scheduling elective procedures which leaves us open to address the critical dental needs of our community.
Our goal is to be available to treat emergencies and to do our part in keeping people out of hospitals and emergency rooms.
According to the ADA the following constitutes a dental emergency or an urgent dental procedure:
- Swelling inside or outside of the mouth
- Wisdom tooth pain
- Tooth fracture causing pain when chewing or at rest
- Dental trauma
- Dental procedures required prior to critical medical procedure
- View Full List Here
If you have any questions regarding your symptoms, please do not hesitate to call our office. We are here to assist you. (253) 473-0651
Dr. Andrew Wightman
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.htm
- What Constitutes a Dental Emergency: https://www.okda.org/